Hiring: Research Manager
The opportunity: What happens when the industry’s top Community Insights company merges with a fast-growing, nimble online research company? You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business that is revolutionizing the market research industry. If you want to learn and grow fast, pushing yourself more than any “boss” and be part of a team that will fully support you, this is for you.
Why we exist: We believe in the power of ideas, new technologies, the wisdom of communities and the art of collaboration to build better solutions for our clients and their customers. That’s why we’re here
How do we do this? We provide the technology, research expertise and services to drive conversations that matter, on a human scale that improves an organization’s, products and services through the power of listening.
- Work on all aspects of market research engagements including: project management, and report writing,
- Support managing ad-hoc quantitative research projects as well as online market research and customer insight communities.
- Work on a variety of projects from creative testing to product innovation. You won’t get bored…or get to be lazy.
- Innovate – we want you to bring your ideas and best-practices to help us continually improve the insights, value and solutions we are able to provide.
- Be amazing. Really, we don’t have the time or budget for anything less than someone that is not fanatical about quality and putting 100% into everything they do. We need someone that thrives on finding solutions for customers, loves pleasing people with unexpected kindness and has unwavering determination to make it happen…every day.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!): We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries, but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.
Position overview: SoapBoxSample and icanmakeitbetter are continuing to grow and we are looking to add driven, passionate and amazing new friends to our team. We are actively seeking to fill the position of Research Manager (Austin, TX).
This is not an easy position, nor is it for everyone. We are small (that means you get to do lots of different things, which can be fun and exciting, or terrifying and tiring).
Requirements: What is more important than concrete requirements (though there are a few below) is being proactive, willing to learn, being quick on your feet, having flexibility within a growing organization, having a desire for excellence and the ability/passion/competency to work with joy and integrity. With that said, you do need to be able to do stuff too.
Core competencies include:
- Must haves experience:
- A minimum of 3+ years market research experience – project management, client management, questionnaire and report writing (client facing with quantitative and/or qualitative research experience, a mix of knowledge around product, CPG, retail, tech and branding subject areas is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or above in advertising, research methodologies, social sciences, economics, marketing or related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills (both creating a deck and also presenting it to clients and executives)
- Computer skills – MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter
- Project/time/task management
- Attention to detail and desire for perfection
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature
- Team player; willingness to wear many hats
- Strong in-person presence
Further information: Please send resume and cover letter to resumes firstname.lastname@example.org .Additionally, to help us get to know you better please send us one of the following 1.) Three of your favorite websites and why; 2.) Three amazing research facts or numbers you think the world should know and why; OR 3.) Three of your favorite brands and why.