We are hiring! Market Research Manager
An Awesome Job: Market Research Community Manager – Austin, TX
Why we exist: We believe in the power of ideas, the wisdom of communities, and the art of collaboration. That’s why we’re here. We deliver beautiful software and impeccable research services that help organizations improve products, services, and customer experiences by engaging and collaborating.
How do we do this? We provide online customer insight communities. We provide a platform to drive conversations that matter, on a human scale that improves organizations, products and services through the power of listening.
We’re a team that works together and believes in having fun in both business and life. We have to work for a living, but it’s the living that defines us, not the work. There are companies that are changing this world for the better. Every day, we strive to be one of them – from the way we operate our business, to our work environment, and most importantly, in the way we interact with those we have the pleasure of calling our clients.
Working with us will be different, it will be better and it will be enjoyable.
The opportunity: Join a rapidly growing business that is revolutionizing the market research industry. If you thrive by moving fast, pushing yourself more than any “boss” could, eating breakfast tacos, not working in a cube, not punching a time clock and having a team that will fully support you, this is for you.
- Work on all aspects of market research engagements including: project management, survey/guide writing, client management, report writing, proposal writing, and online panel/community management.
- Engage directly with clients, vendors, internal software development teams, and the entire company. We are small and integrated – no boxes or silos.
- Manage online market research and customer insight communities. This includes, survey and guide writing, online focus group moderation, learning our platform and programming surveys/guides/activities, actively engaging community members, analysis, reporting and client presentations.
- Help innovate and change an industry by managing market research projects and online communities for leading companies around the globe.
- Work on a variety of projects from creative testing to product innovation.
- Innovate – we want you to bring your ideas and best-practices to help us continually improve the insights, value and solutions we are able to provide.
- Be amazing. Really, we don’t have the time or budget for anything less than someone that is not fanatical about quality and putting 100% into everything they do. We need someone that thrives on finding solutions for customers, loves pleasing people with unexpected kindness and has unwavering determination to make it happen…every day.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!): We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries, but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.
Position overview: icanmakeitbetter continues to grow and is looking to add driven, passionate and amazing new friends to our team as we meld business knowledge, research, usability and interactive software to serve leading global clients. We are actively seeking to fill the position of Market Research Community Manager (preferably onsite in Austin, TX but will consider remote for the ideal candidate).
This is not an easy position, nor is it for everyone. We are small (that means you get to do lots of different things, which can be fun and exciting, or terrifying and tiring).
Requirements: What is more important than concrete requirements (though there are a few below) is being proactive, willing to learn, being quick on your feet, having flexibility within a growing organization, having a desire for excellence and the ability/passion/competency to work with joy and integrity. Core competencies we would like to see are:
- Must haves experience/education:
- 5+ years market research experience – project management, client management, guide and report writing (client facing with an equal emphasis on qualitative and quantitative research, knowledge of product, CPG, retail, tech and branding subject areas)
- Online insight community or MROC research management
- Experience moderating in-person or online focus groups
- Bachelor’s degree or above in advertising, research methodologies, social sciences, economics, marketing or related field
- Experience in branding, research, marketing and advertising (Research Manager, Account Planning, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills (both creating a deck and also presenting it to clients and executives)
- Technology knowledge – interested in social media, hardware and tech trends
- Computer skills – MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint
- Desire to sell through customer service you provide and grow a business
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter
- Project/time/task management
- Attention to detail and desire for perfection
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature
- Team player; willingness to wear many hats
- Strong in-person presence
Don’t have all of the above? No worries. Convince us you can do this job – we are always open to new ways, new people and ways to make it better!
Further information: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Additionally, to help us get to know you better please send us one of the following 1.) Three of your favorite websites and why; 2.) Three amazing research facts or numbers you think the world should know and why; OR 3.) Three of your favorite brands and why; OR really blow us away and send us all of the above.
About Us: icanmakeitbetter provides online customer insight communities. Our platform makes it easy to research, innovate and get feedback – anytime, anywhere, from anyone.
We help our clients build better products, services and customer experiences with powerful insight communities.
We are global experts in market research, user experience and social innovation. We leverage voice-of-customer insights to help our clients with: product and services development, innovation, interactive, sales, marketing, advertising and branding.
We work with Fortune 500 clients and startups alike. The common denominator is great people, great products, integrity and a quest to make things better through customer insights. We don’t help put lipstick on pigs. (This is no BS, we work with great clients and great co-workers, everything else comes second – we would rather close shop than not enjoy what we do and who we work with.)
Sentient Services, LP (DBA icanmakeitbetter) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. We do not accept resumes from recruiters that we do not have a formal agreement with. Any resume received from unapproved recruiters will be considered unsolicited, and Sentient Services, LP will not be obligated to pay referral or replacement fees to the submitting recruiter or agency.