We Are Hiring – Get yourself a t-shirt!
An Awesome Job: Research Manager – Austin, TX or Van Nuys, CA
(We actually have multiple openings, so come on and join us!)
The opportunity: What happens when the industry’s top Community Insights company merges with a Fast-growing, nimble online research company? You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business that is revolutionizing the market research industry. If you want to learn and grow fast, pushing yourself more than any “boss” and be part of a team that will fully support you, this is for you.
Why we exist: We believe in the power of ideas, the wisdom of communities and the art of collaboration to build better solutions for our clients and their customers. That’s why we’re here
How do we do this? We provide the technology, research expertise and services to drive conversations that matter, on a human scale that improves an organization’s, products and services through the power of listening.
- Work on all aspects of market research engagements including: project management, survey/guide writing, report writing, proposal writing, and online panel/community management.
- Engage directly with vendors, internal software development teams, and the entire company. We are small and integrated – no boxes or silos.
- Support managing ad-hoc quantitative research projects as well as online market research and customer insight communities.
- Work on a variety of projects from creative testing to product innovation. You won’t get bored…or get to be lazy.
- Innovate – we want you to bring your ideas and best-practices to help us continually improve the insights, value and solutions we are able to provide.
- Be amazing. Really, we don’t have the time or budget for anything less than someone that is not fanatical about quality and putting 100% into everything they do. We need someone that thrives on finding solutions for customers, loves pleasing people with unexpected kindness and has unwavering determination to make it happen…every day.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!): We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries, but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.
Position overview: SoapBoxSample and icanmakeitbetter are continuing to grow and we are looking to add driven, passionate and amazing new friends to our team. We are actively seeking to fill the position of Research Manager (Austin, TX or Van Nuys, CA).
This is not an easy position, nor is it for everyone. We are small (that means you get to do lots of different things, which can be fun and exciting, or terrifying and tiring).
Requirements: What is more important than concrete requirements (though there are a few below) is being proactive, willing to learn, being quick on your feet, having flexibility within a growing organization, having a desire for excellence and the ability/passion/competency to work with joy and integrity; and being instantly likeable. With that said, you do need to be able to do stuff to.
Core competencies include:
- Must haves experience/education:
- A minimum of 3+ years market research experience – project management, client management, questionnaire and report writing (client facing with an equal emphasis on qualitative and quantitative research, a mix of knowledge around product, CPG, retail, tech and branding subject areas is a plus)
- Online insight community or MROC research management a plus
- Experience moderating in-person or online focus groups a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or above in advertising, research methodologies, social sciences, economics, marketing or related field
- Experience in one or more of the following: branding, research, marketing and advertising (Research Manager, Account Planning, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills (both creating a deck and also presenting it to clients and executives)
- Technology knowledge – interested in social media, hardware and tech trends
- Computer skills – MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter
- Project/time/task management
- Attention to detail and desire for perfection
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature
- Team player; willingness to wear many hats
- Strong in-person presence
Don’t have all of the above? No worries. Convince us you can do this job – we are always open to new ways, new people and ways to make it better!
Further information: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Additionally, to help us get to know you better please send us one of the following 1.) Three of your favorite websites and why; 2.) Three amazing research facts or numbers you think the world should know and why; OR 3.) Three of your favorite brands and why; OR really blow us away and send us all of the above.
Interviewing Service of America, LLC (DBA, SoapBoxSample and icanmakeitbetter) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. We do not accept resumes from recruiters that we do not have a formal agreement with. Any resume received from unapproved recruiters will be considered unsolicited, and Sentient Services, LP will not be obligated to pay referral or replacement fees to the submitting recruiter or agency.